Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Natalie's First Letter

Princess Natalie,

It was just a few days away from Thanksgiving. Your father and I sat in the waiting room anxiously waiting to be called back. We were finally going to find out if we were going to have a boy or a girl.
I didn’t have to ask myself whether or not I would love you. It didn’t matter what you were, I knew that I would love you without doubts, questions, or expectations. The sonogram technician rolled over my stomach several times before she finally asked “Do you want to know what you are having?”
I said “Well, of course!”
When she said we were having a girl I could immediately feel myself holding back tears, tears of joy. I’m not much to cry in front of others. Well, try as I might it wasn’t happening, tears seemed to spring from my eyes. I was already so full of love for your brother, but at that very moment my heart expanded.
Five months later, you were finally placed in my arms. Your perfection was literally breath-taking. You were, and still are, an amazing baby, always so content.
Within a few months your dark eyes shifted into the clearest, purest, blue that I have ever seen. I immediately became infatuated with them, and they still have me hypnotized today. To me your beauty is indescribable.
Of course another perk to having you is the shopping. I’ve actually gotten in a lot of trouble over the money that I’ve spent on you. Every beautiful dress, crazy bow, cute shoes, and adorable outfit just has to belong to you! We have many of those days to come, just don’t tell your father!
If you ask the people I work with, they will tell you that I cannot wait to get home from work and see you. My heart aches when I’m not with you. Natalie, I love you so much and I’m so VERY proud to be your mother. You have changed my life for the better and I thank God for you everyday. I’m looking forward to the year to come. I’m so excited that I get to be a part of your life. Happy first birthday my princess.

Love,

Mom

No comments: